The duties of the alumnus advisors are those prescribed in the National Constitution and Bylaws of the Association (B-V, 5.03), along with those prescribed in the Bylaws of the Iowa Alpha Chapter of Tau Beta Pi (IAB-III)
B-V, 5.03. (h) – The primary duty of the alumnus advisors is to provide for continuity of Chapter operations. The alumnus advisors shall see that the Chapter:
- Selects candidates who meet the eligibility requirements of Constitution Article VIII, the bylaws of the Chapter, and the academic regulations of the host institution.
- Balances its financial accounts and pays all bills by the end of the academic year.
- Effects an orderly transition of Chapter officers in accordance with Bylaw V, Sec. 5.01.
IAB-III (Sec. 14) – The additional duties of the Alumnus Advisors shall be as follows:
- Providing continuity in all areas of Chapter activity, including participation on committees.
- Ensuring that the chapter is operating in conformity with the standards set forth by Iowa State University and Student Activities Center