The duties of the President are those prescribed in the National Constitution and Bylaws of the Association (B-V, 5.03), along with those prescribed in the Bylaws of the Iowa Alpha Chapter of Tau Beta Pi (IAB-III)
B-V, 5.03. (a) – It shall be the duty of the President, as the responsible agent and leader of the Chapter, to see that the other officers of the Chapter perform their duties in accordance with the Constitution and Bylaws of the Association and the Bylaws of the Chapter.
IAB-III (Sec. 2) – The additional duties of the President shall be as follows:
- Updating the list of active chapter committees and assigning all cabinet members to at least one committee at the beginning of each semester. (See Bylaw VI).
- Providing each officer and committee chair with a written list of all specific duties for which each is responsible. A copy of each list shall be placed in the President’s Book.
- Visiting the Dean of Engineering in the Fall semester to discuss ways in which the Chapter may be of service to the College of Engineering. The substance of such discussions shall be reported to the Chapter at the next business meeting.
- Scheduling general and regular cabinet meetings and presenting a formal agenda.
- Registering the Chapter as an official student organization with the University at the beginning of each academic year.