Sweeney Hall

SweeneyHallThe building houses the Chemical and Biological Engineering Department. It is named in honor of Orland Russell Sweeney, a 1909 graduate of The Ohio State University and holder/co holder of nearly 300 patents. He served as head of Iowa State’s Chemical Engineering Department from 1920 to 1948. (Orland Russell Sweeney was initiated as an Honorary member of Tau Beta Pi by Iowa Alpha)