Davidson Hall

DavidsonHallThe Agricultural Engineering laboratory was severely damaged by fire in 1941 and was rebuilt the next year. In 1975 it was named Davidson Hall to honor the former head of the department, J. Brownlee Davidson.  Davidson Hall was demolished in 2015 when the Agriculturing Engineering Department moved to the new Sukup Hall. J. Brownlee Davidson joined the faculty in 1905. He served as Professor and Head of Agricultural Engineering from 1907 to 1915 and 1919 to 1946.  Davidson House in North Helser Hall was also named in his honor. (J. Brownlee Davidson was a 1904 graduate of the University of Nebraska and initiated as a Honorary member of Tau Beta Pi by Iowa Alpha on 22 January 1914)