The duties of the Treasurer are those prescribed in the National Constitution and Bylaws of the Association (B-V, 5.03), along with those prescribed in the Bylaws of the Iowa Alpha Chapter of Tau Beta Pi (IAB-III)
B-V, 5.03. (e)
- Within two weeks after each initiation, the Chapter, through its Treasurer, shall remit to the Secretary-Treasurer of the Association the stated amount of the initiation fee payable to the Association for each new initiate. See Bylaw VII, Sec. 7.04. This remittance shall cover the costs of the badge, certificate of membership, a four-year subscription to THE BENT, a copy of the Constitution and Bylaws and other approved literature of the Association. It shall also include a sum for the necessary expenses of the Association. The initiation fee shall be determined by the Convention, on recommendation of the Executive Council. Within two weeks after each initiation, the Chapter shall also remit to the Secretary-Treasurer the stated amount of the Convention assessment payable to the Association for each new initiate. See B-I, Sec. 1.05.
- Except when the rules of the institution require that the Treasurer of a Chapter keep its financial accounts in a specified way and form, the official bookkeeping system of the Association on standard forms furnished by the Secretary-Treasurer of the Association shall be used and followed.
- For any candidate not initiated, the Chapter shall be refunded or credited, as it may elect, the full amount of the remittance, excepting the actual cost of the certificate if it shall have been engrossed and of the badge if it shall have been engraved.
IAB-III (Sec. 5) – The additional duties of the Treasurer shall be as follows:
- Receiving, collecting, disbursing, and depositing all funds of the Chapter under direction of the Chapter or as prescribed further in IAB-IX.
- Transferring to his or her successor in office, all Chapter money, books, and property in his or her possession.
- Preparing an annual Chapter budget and updating it each semester.